Penn-York Camp & Retreat Center
The Natural Place...For You
Who We Are
Penn-York Camp (PYC) is a non-denominational, Christian camp and retreat center found just north of Ulysses, PA on Route 49. Located in Potter County, deep in the Pennsylvania Wilds, PYC provides a rural and peaceful atmosphere to groups of any age. We are open year round, can house 140 people, have various meeting rooms, dining facilities, challenge course programming, and over 100 acres of additional recreation available for your group to utilize. So whether you are looking for summer camps, a place to hold a conference or retreat, a challenge course program, or just a place to get away and relax, we would love to serve you.
Back in 1969, Penn-York Camp was established as a not-for-profit organization. PYC began with a committed core of founders who had a dream to provide a Christian camping ministry to the youth in our area. But more than just Christian camping, they wanted to be an asset and support to the churches and communities of Pennsylvania and New York - Hence the name, Penn-York Camp. Over the years, we have been so blessed by God's faithfulness! There have been many miracles. Generations of people have volunteered their skills and time. Individuals have supported us financially, and God continues to bless the ministry here at PYC.
Throughout the years, many changes have taken place. God has truly blessed our ministry, and all the glory belongs to Him for that. The changes that have taken place have enabled us to better reach that original goal of being an asset and support to the churches and communities of Pennsylvania and New York. We never want to take the place of The Church, but rather to come alongside it as we both pursue our calling to make disciples. Together, we are working to develop dedicated followers of Jesus Christ.
The mission of Penn-York Camp is to develop dedicated followers of Jesus Christ by building spirit, mind, and body in a natural setting.
Our Statement Of Faith
1. We believe in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in the Triune God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in God the Father, Maker of heaven and earth.
4. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, and His visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory.
5. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit and in His work of conviction, regeneration, and sanctification, who indwells every believer, equipping them with gifts for service and witness.
6. We believe in the necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and in the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ.
7. We believe in The Church as the one universal body of Christ, who is the Head, called to be God’s redeemed people.
8. We believe humanity was created in the image of God as male and female and that human sexuality properly reflects that image only in the covenant of marriage, for a lifetime, between one man and one woman.
9. We believe in the inestimable worth and significance of all human life, in all its dimensions, from conception to natural death.